AthenA Elliott, CMP2,ANT,MNT,CCPMA
First in the United States to be Certified as a Medical Nail Technician™ (MNT),and most recently the first Certified Clinical Podiatric Medical Assistant approved by the ACFAOM, AthenA Elliott learned the comprehensive and practical techniques required to perform safe and sterile pedicures.
Athena’s salon exceeds all of the criteria listed above. With an in-depth knowledge of the anatomy and structure of the foot, skin/nail diseases and disorders, and diabetic foot syndrome, AthenA is trained to provide safe pedicure services.
What type of clients visit AthenaA Elliott for services?
- Clients who are afraid to go to nail salons due to the negative media attention,
- The elderly who need special considerations,
- Clients with chronic illnesses who need special care during pedicures, and
- Patient referrals from physicians – physicians know their patients are getting nail services and will appreciate having a safe salon to send them to for their services.
- Mommy to be with diabetes
What type of service should you expect?
Athena’s clients receive a comprehensive foot assessment to evaluate their readiness for a pedicure. She obtains a medical history and establishes communication with a physician, when necessary. Some of the services offered include some or all of the following, depending on client’s health:
- Documentation with digital photos
- Foot baths with liners(health permitting)
- Safe toenail care
- Safe, cosmetic minimizing of corns and calluses
- Gentle massage (health permitting)
What is AthenA Elliott’s Education Background?
To further her professional education, Athena attended the North American School Pedicuring, a Canadian-based advanced pedicure training system and became one of the few Certified Master Pedicurists (CMP) in Houston, Texas in 2006. Currently, she is a member of the International Pedicure Association and Certified Clinical Podiatric Medical Assistant. (CCPMA)
What qualifications does Athena Elliott hold in this field?
Athena Elliott has been named “Nail Tech of the Year” by Nails Magazine along with numerous awards from other trade publications. To help spread the word about the dangers of unsanitary pedicures along with the extended health benefits of receiving a great pedicure, she contributed to “Death by Pedicure” with Dr. Robert Spalding.
Important: This website does not represent medical advice or the ability to diagnose or treat disease in any way. It simply provides information on the cosmetic process and the capability of SPAthena to facilitate safe care through safe practices and purposeful communication between SPAthena, clients, and their physicians when needed.
2990 Richmond Ave
Tue-Fri: 8AM - 6PM
Every Other Sat: 8:AM - 2PM